Covering fast-growing leafy vegetables with insect-proo […]
Covering fast-growing leafy vegetables with insect-proof nets can prevent pests from being controlled by insecticides, thereby greatly reducing the amount of pesticide residues in vegetables. In order to achieve a good insect-proof effect, the following technical points should be mastered in covering the insect-proof net.
1. Choose the appropriate insect net. It is advisable to use a 20-32 mesh insect net with a wire diameter of 0.18 mm.
2. The height of the arch shed should be higher than the height of the crop. Otherwise, the leaves of the vegetables should be close to the insect net. The pests such as the beetle outside the net can still eat the leaves, or the eggs are produced on the leaves, causing harm.
3. Cover the entire growth period. The insect-proof net can be shaded, but there is not much shading, and it is not necessary to cover the night or clear it. When watering, directly pour water onto the insect-proof net, and there will be no seedling phenomenon. Due to the full coverage, soil disinfection and chemical weeding must be carried out before the net is installed to kill the germs and pests remaining in the soil, and to cut off the path of transmission of pests and diseases.
4. The surrounding insect net is tightly closed to prevent pests from invading into the eggs. The surrounding area should be compacted, and the arch frame should be tensioned with a pressure cable to prevent the wind from blowing the net.
5. Increase temperature and humidity in a timely manner. When the temperature is extremely high, increase the number of water supply, maintain the humidity inside the net, and lower the temperature.